Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Sunny Night

Tonight, I'm going running in [redacted] with my amazing girlfriend, [redacted]. We're training for another L.A. Marathon. This will be her 4th, and my 3rd. Last year I had a pretty fun time following her along the course in the pouring rain. I was beyond amazed that 25,000 runners would brave such awful conditions. At that time, I was sidelined with knee issues, but a year later, I'm good to go. I pray for better weather.

Today was 80 degrees in Los Angeles. Global warming never felt so good. The nice weather however didn't improve our day. I've never felt so unlucky and nearly melted down in Alhambra's Chipotle from pure stress. [Redacted] and I were supposed to have a nice lunch at new (to us) vegetarian Pho restaurant in El Monte at 2 PM, but it was closed. As were the 4 other places we tried over the proceeding traffic-filled hour. I was on the verge of tears. We ended up at a dirty-floored Chipotle.

After Chipotle, we went to CVS but had left the coupon we need at home. After CVS, we went to get a vegan cookie dessert. At least that would be sweet. But, the place we went, they were out of cookies. Enduring terrible service (hey, if we're there first, just give us our vegan cheesecake and we'll be on our way, don't serve two other people and then get back to us), we got the vegan cheesecake. It tasted like baby barf with a Graham cracker. Good for people who enjoy baby vomit, but not us.

I hope the evening gets better. It still is warm outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home