Thursday, July 9, 2009

All This and More

Enjoyciate (in-ˈjȯi-shē-āt) To enjoy life and appreciate it while it's happening.

Yes. I lead with a sniglet and I'm not proud of it, but these two days have really been special. I've eaten great vegan food just down the street; ran all over this amazing neighborhood; played pickup ultimate frisbee in Prospect Park; found soy-cheese Brooklyn-style pizza; and got beer with a neighbor. That was just yesterday.

There's this guy named Google who tells you all sorts of cool stuff about, well, everything, and you can find all manner of fun things just by asking. Today he helped me cross into Manhattan for a visit with my good friend, Jessica. She's about to leave for Mexico for the rest of the month so today's three hours was all we were going to get while I'm in New York. We walked around her hood, the West Village, and along the Hudson Riverwalk before cruising over the Union Square.

From there I headed out on my own again and ending the day at Citi-Field watching the L.A. Dodgers crush the N.Y. Mets. It was really cool to ride the subway all the way out to Queens and then manage to navigate the return trip to Fort Greene. It was also the first and only time I've been to a baseball game by myself, and it was still pretty fun.

I hope you are also enjoying and appreciating your days. It is more difficult to do than it would seem, but I'm doing my best. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home