Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Brooklyn

New York, just like I pictured it. Skyscrapers. Everything
-- Stevie Wonder

I didn't see the Manhattan skyline until after 1 AM from the window of the cab which was taking me from LaGuardia to my sublet in Brooklyn. The view snuck up on me. I was busy checking out the realtime GPS map in the back of the cab trying to figure out where I was when I looked up and saw the skyline across the river. So beautiful, the Manhattan skyline at night, with the sound of tires crusing over wet tarmac, took my breath away.

My week in Colorado was beyond spectacular, but this blog will try to highlight and share my New York experience which I guess begins now.

I am awake, I think, on Eastern Daylight Time, staring out the back window of this garden apartment into that very garden, its picnic table and umbrella, watching the sunlight dance across yellow flowers of some variety, planted in small wooden barrel-like pots. The apartment was difficult to find last night, under a burnt out light, and my mistake of telling the cab driver it was on Washington Place instead of the corrected Washington Park didn't help matters.

But I made it, around 2 AM, and this place is spectacular. Large, cool, and a good place to spend a few weeks of exploration and healing.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger dougie fresh said...

worst
blog
ever

July 8, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home